The Foreign Desk

News from the ground. Your world; Our sources.

  • News
  • Media
    • Radio
  • About
    • The Foreign Desk
    • Lisa Daftari
  • Contact
  • Signup
  • Top News
  • World
  • U.S.
  • Middle East
  • Europe
  • Asia
  • Politics
  • Election2016

ISIS using kidnapped Yazidi children in suicide missions

by Lisa Daftari Tuesday Feb 14, 2017 8:07pm

The Islamic State is using kidnapped Yazidi children to carry out suicide missions as the U.S.-led coalition forces continue their assault on the terror group’s remaining strongholds in Syria and Iraq.

In a video posted Tuesday, two young Yazidi boys seemingly brainwashed by the Islamic terror group talk about their departure from their Yazidi identity and their desire to carry out a suicide attack for the Islamic State.

The boys’ families, who confirmed their identities to The Foreign Desk, said they have had no information regarding their whereabouts, and this video is the first they have seen or heard from the boys since their abduction in 2014.

One of the boys, identifying himself in the video as Amjad, as-well-as by his Kunya, the noms de guerres frequently used by ISIS, “Abu Yusuf Sinjari,” describes how he left the ‘ignorance’ of his primitive Yazidi faith behind to join ISIS. He talks about studying sacred Islamic texts in the ‘sham’ (a historical name for Greater Syria) and choosing to carry out a suicide mission for the terror group.

“When we were in Sinjar, we worshipped the devil and we were without God… We were ignorant and not aware of concepts such as Halal and Haram,” he says looking into the camera.

A family source told The Foreign Desk the two brothers are Amjad and Asaad-Alyas Mahjo ages 11 and 12.

By signing up, you agree to receive emails from The Foreign Desk.

They were kidnapped when the Islamic State stormed the predominantly Yazidi town of Sinjar in August 2014, killing as many as 5000 Yazidi men in what has since become known as the Sinjar Massacre.

The father of the boys, along with four additional siblings, were also killed during the vicious massacre.

Following taped speeches showing the brothers brandishing their weapons and sporting shy smiles, the pair enter separate explosive-laden vehicles.

One of the boys sheepishly looks round to the camera filming from behind, peeking around as the camera captures a truck filled with explosives.

Islamic State video drones then capture the vehicle maneuvers and final moments of the kidnapped boys’ lives as they both carry out separate VBIED attacks.

Following the Sinjar Massacre, ISIS also rounded up thousands of Yazidi women and children, with many of the women being sold as sex slaves or given as concubines to Jihadis in exchange for battle victories.

A report last year claimed ISIS had created jihadi training camps for captured Yazidi children with estimates that up to 1,500 children, some as young as 6 were being forcibly converted to Islam for eventual use as child soldiers or to carry out suicide missions.

 

Filed Under: Breaking News, Front Desk, Human Rights, Lisas Desk, Middle East

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected…

By signing up, you agree to receive emails from The Foreign Desk.

Must Reads…

Row

Turkey’s Erdogan warns Dutch, minister floats economic sanctions

Erdogan has threatened to take the Netherlands to the European Court of Human Rights

Investigation

France’s Fillon under formal investigation for fraud ahead of election

Fillon's campaign has been dogged by allegations he lavishly paid his wife and two of his children

Ruling

EU headscarf ban ruling sparks faith group backlash

Backlash of complaints from rights groups and religious leaders

Afghanistan

Over 30 killed as gunmen dressed as medics attack Afghan military hospital

Statement from Islamic State's Amaq News Agency said its fighters had attacked the hospital

ISIS

Islamic State leader Baghdadi abandons Mosul fight to field commanders, U.S. and Iraqi sources say

Intelligence sources say absence of official communication from group's leadership and the loss of territory in Mosul suggest he has abandoned the city

Trending Now

Iran blocks Israeli navigation app Waze developed by ‘Zionists’

“Leave your score on the leaderboard!” ISIS urges U.S. jihadis to launch more attacks

Senate panel leaders: no evidence to Trump claim of Obama wiretap

Exclusive: Venezuela’s cash-strapped PDVSA offers Rosneft oil stake – sources

Trump’s budget assault on aid, domestic programs draws quick resistance

  • News
  • Radio
  • Misc

Copyright © 2015 The Foreign Desk · All rights reserved.